Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Monday, May 9, 2016

Veal Francese


I know it is wrong to love veal, but I do. Even my father refuses to eat it, but I figure if I eat meat, what's the difference? In fact, I selected Grotto for my Mother's Day dinner because I know I can get great veal there and I always like to support Tilman Fertitta because of all he has done for the University of Houston.  And we have a Landry's Select card, which adds and even bigger bonus.  This technique for cooking the veal was new to me, but it was awesome.  I plan on trying it with chicken next, basically keeping the recipe as is, replacing the veal with pounded out chicken cutlets.  This recipe was adapted from Cookstr.
Veal Francese

1 tablespoon butter
1 can quartered artichoke hearts
1 lemon, sliced
1 tablespoon capers
¼ cup flour
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
½ teaspoon basil
¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
2 eggs
1 ½ cups white wine
½ pound thin veal cutlets

In a large skillet with a lid, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add the artichokes to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of the wine, the lemon slices and capers, cover and simmer for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.

In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, pepper, basil and salt. In another shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs with 2 tablespoons of the wine. Dredge each veal cutlet in the flour, then in the egg. Add the cutlets to the pan and simmer on low heat, shaking the pan to keep the cutlets floating in the liquid; add wine if needed. Turn the cutlets after 3 minutes and cook for 1 minute more. Plate the veal, remove the lemon slices, and pour the sauce over top; serve.
Pin It Now!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...