Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tuna Avocado Poke Bowl

Tuna Avocado Poke Bowl
This was not on my meal plan at all, but after seeing Jaida's post for Salmon Avocado Poke Bowl on Sweet Beginnings, I knew I had to make it straight away. But with fresh tuna instead of salmon.  I changed up the recipe a little, adding lemon juice and jalapeno.  This meal was amazing.  Miss F totally turned up her nose, she had some rice and that was it.  I ate the entire bowl.  It was amazing.  One of the best things I have made in a while.  I will certainly be trying this with salmon, but I loved it with tuna.
Tuna Avocado Poke Bowl

1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 shallot, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 pound fresh tuna
1 avocado, cubed
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
2 cups cooked rice, cooled
rice wine vinegar

In a medium bowl combine soy sauce, sugar, shallot, jalapeno, lemon juice, sesame oil, and ginger. Set aside. Cut the tuna into ½ inch chunks and add to the marinade bowl, along with the avocado. Serve immediately, topped with sesame seeds, or refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle a little vinegar over the rice, then top with the tuna avocado mixture.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Jaida said...

I made it with Tuna shortly after I made it with the Salmon...so good! Glad you enjoyed it, too!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...