Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pasta with Bacon and Corn

pasta with bacon and cornI love pasta. I love corn. I love bacon. Who doesn't? And I know I love the marriage of corn and pasta, one of my most favorite dishes is Summer Sweet Corn Pasta.  This recipe comes from the talented Our Share of the Harvest.  She is lucky enough to live in my home state of Maryland, which means she gets amazing Silver Queen corn to prepare her pasta dish.  In Texas, I am stuck with frozen corn right now, which isn't the greatest, but it didn't matter for this pasta.  It was delicious.  We didn't have a bit leftover, Miss F couldn't get enough and C had two helpings.  Success!
Pasta with Bacon and Corn

½ pound dried pasta (I used linguine)
4 slices bacon, chopped
¼ cup minced shallots
2 cups fresh (or frozen) corn kernels
½ cup dry white wine
1/3 cup cream
½ teaspoon basil

Prepare pasta per package instructions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat, stir bacon until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Add shallots and sauté until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the wine to deglaze the pan, simmer for 1 minute. Add the corn and simmer for 5 minutes more. Stir in the cream and simmer for another minute. Stir in the basil, bacon and pasta.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Carrie's Sweet Life said...

This sounds like such an off combo, but one that my family would love. We are corn and pasta lover, and how can you go wrong with bacon! I will be trying this.

Nicole, RD said...

The first time I had pasta and corn, I was sold. It is carb heaven :) This looks wonderful - save!

Anonymous said...

I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award because your blog is simply awesome and everything looks delicious – come check it out here: http://justbakedbyme.wordpress.com/2012/04/06/brown-sugar-cookies/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...