Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Chicken Cheesesteaks

I got this recipe from the amazing Confections of a Foodie Bride. This is such an easy, quick fix weeknight meal. I absolutely loved it and I will work it into our usual rotation for sure. Even Miss F enjoyed her cheesey chicken. I adapted her recipe a bit to suit what I had on hand and to get the cheese melted more, I broiled the complete sandwiches. I won't eat cheese that isn't warm and melty, unless it is a soft cheese. It's my thing...

Chicken Cheesesteaks
printable recipe

2 chicken breasts
½ onion, sliced
½ green bell pepper, sliced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 slices provolone cheese (I used shredded pizza cheese blend of mozzerella and provolone)
2 sub rolls

Slice the chicken breasts thin, this is easier after freezing for ~15 minutes.

Split the rolls and place under the broiler for one minute to toast.

Saute the onion and bell pepper in olive oil over high heat. Add salt, pepper and soy sauce to the pan. Add the chicken to the onions and bell peppers and stir-fry until the chicken and onions brown just a bit. Scoop the hot chicken mixture into a sub roll with provolone and return to the broiler for 30 seconds to get the cheese all warm and bubbly.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Sarah and Rob said...

These look so good. I can't wait to try them out.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

We had these tonight for dinner and they were wonderful! I’m so glad I doubled the recipe so I can have leftovers tomorrow for lunch :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...