Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Spinach Pasta with Salmon Cream Sauce


My aunt and uncle always give me interesting cookbooks for Christmas. One of my favorites is The Silver Palate Cookbook. I tried this recipe for the first time tonight, leaving out the salmon in the dill for C's, but adding a sprinkling of cheese on top (he basically had alfredo). I roasted the salmon at 400 for about 8 minutes instead of poaching it, I much prefer the flavor. Just lightly coat with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. It would be nice to add some fresh spinach as well.

This meal was so easy, quick and yummy. I went back for seconds!



Spinach Pasta with Salmon Cream Sauce
adapted from The Silver Palate Cookbook

2 cups heavy cream
4 tablespoons butter
7 teaspoons salt
pinch of nutmeg
1 pound spinach pasta
3 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 to 2 cups flaked poached salmon, all skin and bones removed (I roasted mine)
1/3 cup chopped fresh dill, plus additional for garnish

1. Bring the cream and the butter to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add 1 teaspoon of the salt and the nutmeg, continue to simmer until cream is reduced by one third.

2. Cook spinach pasta per package directions, adding remaining two tablespoons of salt.

3. Stir grated parmesan, then the flaked salmon and the dill into the cream and remove from heat.

4. Drain pasta, return it to the hot pan and toss with the salmon cream sauce. Serve and garnish with a dill sprig.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Delia said...

Despite my fear of cooking salmon, I think I could do this.

Anonymous said...

What does "leaving out the salmon in the dill for C's" mean?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...