Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Monday, June 29, 2009

Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches


This have been a go to meal since I was a kid. I love pineapples on the grill, the heat brings out such a nice flavor. If you like some additional heat, add a pinch of crushed red pepper to the marinade. They are perfect on a hot summer night and since all we have is hot summer nights here in Texas...








Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches

1 large boneless skinless breast of chicken
1 small can pineapple rings (4 rings)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls
2 slices provolone cheese

Pound out the chicken breast and slice into two pieces. Combine the juice from the pineapple can, soy sauce, brown sugar and mustard. Marinate the chicken 4 hours or overnight in the the juice mixture. Prepare your grill. Grill the chicken for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Add the cheese with 3 minutes left. While the chicken is grilling, add the pineapple rings halfway through, turning once. Serve on the buns with two pineapple rings each.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sound so good for the grill this summer!

Sarah - The Home Cook said...

I can't thank you enough for this AMAZING recipe. Seriously, so freakin' good. I marinated the chicken overnight and the flavor was so pronounced and went perfectly with the pineapple. I almost cried when my husband took my leftovers for lunch the next day since I'd been dreaming about the flavors since breakfast. Will definitely be making these often!

katie said...

I am so glad you enjoyed it! I guess I should have submitted them for the sandwich swap =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...