Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
lattice chicken pot pie
Mexican street corn pasta
chicken Ghiveci
creamy chicken tortilla soup, jalapeno jack popovers
butter basted ribeyes, twice baked potatoes, broccoli
brisket tacos, pinto beans
pork souvlaki, naan

Friday, June 26, 2009

Beef and Chicken Fajitas


One of the greatest things about moving to Texas was discovering I liked more Tex-Mex than I thought. As a kid, the only thing I would eat at a "Mexican" restaurant, and up north the Mexican is not really Mexican, um, cough-Chi-Chis-cough, was cheese nachos. I think the only reason I ordered them was because I liked the dramatic presentation. They were on a big platter that was on top of a warming candle, very fun when you are 8 years old. Now that I have expanded my Tex-Mex eating, I have fallen in love with guacamole. I will eat vats of it and put it on nearly anything.

Fajitas are easy. They are best when made on the grill. There are so many condiments you can serve with them, it really is whatever you want. Some places serve garlic butter, onions, bell peppers, lettuce, cheese, salsa, tomato, green sauce, sour cream, guacamole, I could go on and on. I did simple cheese and guacamole last night since I was trying to get this on the table quick.

You can make your own, sometimes I do, but when I am doing things quick, I use Fabuloso Quick Fajita Marinade. I have always wondered if it is the same company as the Fabuloso floor cleaners...I am guessing yes.

Beef and Chicken Fajitas

3/4 lb beef fajita meat
1 breast of chicken
1 tablespoon fajita marinade, I prefer Fabuloso Quick Fajita Marinade
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 green bell pepper
1 tablespoon oil
8 tortillas

any condiments you like

Slice the chicken, beef and bell peppers into thin slices. Toss the chicken and beef with the marinade. Set aside.

In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the chicken, beef and bell peppers. Saute until meat is cooked through and the peppers soften just a little, about 5 to 7 minutes.

Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel. Warm in the microwave for 45 seconds.

Serve with whatever fixins you enjoy on your fajitas.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Mmm, I love fajitas. When we were remodeling the kitchen, we ate them at least once a week, simply because they were so easy to do on the grill.

So funny what you said about guac too, I just came around to it a couple of years ago. We've had nights when we just ate that and home-fried chips. Can you say "oinkers"? lol.

Anonymous said...

I haven't made fajita's in forever, and I have never grilled them! This looks great!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmm - what a colorful and great dish for the summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...